TERMS OF SERVICE
Declaration of Fitness: I confirm that I have none of the following pre-existing medical conditions that will affect my ability to do physical activities:
A heart condition
Loss of balance due to dizziness
Bone or joint problem
Prescription drugs for blood pressure or heart condition
Any other reason why you should not do physical activity
If I do have any of the above conditions, are older than age 69 and have been inactive or are concerned about your health, you should ask for medical clearance.
If my health changes such that any of the above conditions apply, please inform Empower Fitness and your fitness or wellness professional.
TERMS OF SERVICE
(Last Updated: 17/12/2021)
Empower Fitness located at 4 Jalan Mat Jambol, 01-02, Pasir Panjang, 119555 (“Premises”) and also local community outdoor facilities.
1.1 By purchasing an Empower Fitness service (“Service”) through the Empower Fitness website or via Bank Transfer (“Platform”), you acknowledge that you have read and fully understood the terms and conditions of the terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out in this document. If you do not accept these Terms, please do not use or continue to use the Service.
1.2 Empower Fitness reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to vary, add to, delete or otherwise amend these Terms from time to time. In the event of any changes to these Terms, Empower Fitness will either notify you via e-mail to your email address registered with Empower Fitness or post the changes on this page and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page as the effective date of change. However, any changes will not apply retrospectively. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of any variation, addition, deletion or amendments to these Terms shall constitute your unconditional acceptance of such variation, addition, deletion or amendments.
1.3 The use of certain features of the Platform and/or Service may be subject to additional terms, rules, policies or codes of conduct as determined by Empower Fitness from time to time, and you will be required to comply with the same in using them. All such additional terms, rules, policies or codes of conduct are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms.
2. Dedicated Personal Trainer and Change. The Service will be rendered by the dedicated Personal Trainer named at the time of purchase. In the event the said Personal Trainer ceases to provide the Service from Empower Fitness for any reason, Empower Fitness reserves the right to designate a replacement Resident of equivalent skill and qualification to render the Service. If you disagree with the replacement, you will have the option to terminate the Service and request for a refund of the service fee paid on a pro rata basis for the unutilised sessions subject to 15% admin and cancellation fee.
3. Payment. Payment is to be made in advance. Empower Fitness reserves the right to postpone sessions if payment has not been received. Empower Fitness accepts bank transfer and Pay Now only for Personal Training, and payment via MBO for group bookings.
4. Usage Policy. Upon purchasing a package, please be aware that the validity of such sessions is for the time specified at the time of purchase. If you are unable to complete all sessions in the time specified, you will forfeit your right to utilise those sessions.
10 session personal training and small group personal training packages have a validity of 3 months upon purchase or first session (whichever comes first). Sessions missed / rearranged outside of the validity date will not be refunded or exchanged.
5. Cancellation Policy. Empower Fitness has a 12-hour cancellation policy for: personal training sessions, small group personal training and group training. Providing less notice than the indicated time frame or failure to show may result in additional charges or deductions from your prepared series.
6. No Refund. Except in the case of Clause 1 above, all payments made by you for the Service will not be refundable.
7. Compliance with House Rules, Policies and Laws. You will be required to comply with any house rules or policies Empower Fitness may impose from time to time by written notification to you. You also have the duty to ensure that your conduct and behaviour within the Premises comply with all laws and regulations.
8. Non-Compliance. If you fail to comply with any provisions of these Terms, Empower Fitness reserves the right, without prejudice to its other rights, to (i) request that you leave the Premises, (ii) suspend the Service, and/or (iii) terminate the Service without liability to you. You will be liable to indemnify Empower Fitness for any losses, damages or costs arising out of or in connection with your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
9. Assumption of Risk; Waiver and Release. You hereby acknowledge full understanding of the possibility of or inherent dangers, risks and hazards associated with your participation in the Service or use of the Premises. It is your responsibility to secure personal health insurance in advance, if desired. You further acknowledge that it is your responsibility to have a physical examination and obtain your physician’s permission prior to participating in such activities and do hereby assume all risk of injury, illness, death, damage, or loss to yourself or your property that you may suffer while and/or resulting from participating in such activities, whether arising out of active or passive acts of negligence, action or inaction, on the part of Empower Fitness, its personnel and/or Residents. You hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless Empower Fitness, its directors, officers, employees or Residents from any and all claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of actions, present or future, arising out of your participation in the Service or use of the Premises.
11. Governing Laws: These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and is governed by the laws of Singapore. In the event of dispute, the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
By signing this Agreement, I state that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent to sign this Agreement on my own volition, and that I have read, understand and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Terms of Service, including provisions relating to release of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity obligations.